On September 30 of this year, the Constituent Assembly of the Territorial Council for Combating Corruption of the Tashkent Region was held.
The members of the Council were represented at the meeting, as well as the anti-corruption cases to be done in the area, tasks and powers of the Council were also discussed.
In particular, the Territorial Council has the following powers:
• making decisions aimed at increasing the efficiency of bodies and organizations involved in the fight against corruption in the relevant territory and participating in it;
• request and receive information from territorial structures of ministries, state committees and departments, local government bodies, other government bodies, citizens' self-government bodies, public organizations and citizens within the competence of the Territorial Council in accordance with the established legislation;
• listen to reports and lectures of the heads of territorial state bodies carrying out anti-corruption activities;
• regular implementation of the “Sphere without Corruption” program at the local level and expanding the coverage of other spheres;
• development and control of the system of "anti-corruption expertise" in the implementation of investment projects in the field;
• ensuring effective joint activities of the media, non-governmental organizations, civil society institutions and citizens in the field of preventing and combating corruption;
• organize and control the conduct of anti-corruption disciplines in schools, professional colleges and universities in order to strengthen the immunity of young people from corruption on places;
• conduct anti-corruption monitoring based on modern methods and information and communication technologies in the areas of public and economic management in the regions and control the work on compiling a rating of their activities in this area, etc.
The meeting was attended by Deputy Director of the Anti-Corruption Agency T. Khaidarov, khokim of Tashkent region D. Khidoyatov, deputies, heads of enterprises and organizations, representatives of public organizations and the media.
During the event, detailed information was provided on the ongoing reforms in the fight against corruption and the role of the Territorial Councils in this process.
Are you aware of the latest legislation?
Partly aware - 263
Well aware - 197
I am not aware - 111
I'm not interested - 17